Monday, May 20, 2013

"If your life isn't changing you, you aren't living it right."


I was reading a post by one of my new favorite people Tristi Pinkston on her blog here and came across this quote: If your life isn't changing you, you aren't living it right.

The words rang true to my core.

I was talking to an old friend from high school a few years back. We talked about life and the many changes it affords. She told me that she didn't feel any different than she had in high school.  She was the same person, just a bit older with a husband and kids now.

I can't imagine what that would be like.

I am such a different person now.  Hopefully I have kept and magnified the good, but I have tried hard to learn and grow through the years. I'm not the same person I was in high school, and how glad I am for it!

I am more confident. I have better priorities and values. I make better choices. I am happier.

Tristi talks about how she had changed as a persona as she had been a writer. I love the list she made. She says:

I was more confident.

I was more educated.

I was more outgoing.

I was finding new talents to share.

I was becoming an expert in my field.

I was funnier.

I was more popular.

I was learning how to respect myself more.

I was making money.  (Not a lot, but some. Still working on that.)

I was sought after.

I was viewed as a mentor.

I was stronger mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.




What a wonderful example to me of the power of positive change!

We were meant to change and grow in this life. We were meant to get better, bolder, more confident. We were meant to nurture and magnify our talents, and loves ourselves more. We were made to change and transform into higher levels of ourselves.

Our lives don't get better by chance, they get better by change!

So, if you feel you are the same person as you were twenty, ten, or even five years ago, take a look at how you're living. And remember:



If your life isn’t changing you, you aren’t living it right.

No comments:

Post a Comment